La Casa Azul Bookstore is now an auxiliary center for donations for those displaced, injured, and otherwise affected by the East Harlem explosion. Drop off donations by Sunday, March 16th and we will deliver them to Assembly Member Robert Rodiguez’s office to be distributed to those affected.
Donations can be made anytime during our regular bookstore hours for the rest of this week (Thursday March 13 - Sunday March 16, 2014)
Store hours are 12:00pm -8:00pm Thursday to Saturday and 12:00pm -6:00pm on Sunday.
We are accepting donations of the following:
- Canned and packaged foods (suggested: Canned foods with pop-top lids, low sugar cereals, fruit juice, 100% fruit juices in single serving boxes, Canned vegetables, tuna, and canned: stew, chili, soup)
- Clothing and shoes in good condition (adults’ and children’s)
- towels, sheets, socks, undergarments (packaged/brand new)
- School supplies: crayons, notebooks, markers, books, magazines
- Toiletries (toothpaste, diapers, baby bottles, hand sanitizer, baby wipes, feminine hygiene products, deodorant, bandaids, razors)
La Casa Azul Bookstore address/contact information:
143 E. 103rd St.
El Barrio, NYC 10029 (6 train to 103rd St)
Call: (212) 426 - 2626
For more information about resources regarding the explosion and how to help, here is a list of links:
Website for the Office of the Mayor, which is updating its homepage with information:
New York City Office of Immigrant Affairs Website, Disaster Relief Information, including information for undocumented immigrants:
This is the same New York City Office of Immigrant Affairs Disaster Relief Information page, but translated into Spanish:
Red Cross’s Website about shelter, donation centers, and other resources for victims of the explosion:
Spanish-language information about how to help those affected by the explosion:
The Dominican Consulate of New York City’s emergency services page:
The Mexican Consulate of New York City’s home page, which is continuously posting updates about resources and information regarding the explosion:
Post a Comment