World Book Night is approaching and we're looking for book givers to join our team!
What's World Book Night, you ask?
World Book Night is a celebration of books and reading held on April 23rd, when 25,000 passionate volunteers across the country give a total of half a million books within their communities to those who don't regularly read.
World Book Night is about giving books and encouraging reading in those who don't regularly do so. But it also about people, communities and connections, about reaching out to others and touching lives in the simplest of ways - through sharing stories.
Be a book giver!
This year La Casa Azul Bookstore has 20 copies of The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros to give away.
That's where you come in.
We're looking for 20 givers to take these copies of The House on Mango Street into the world. Each giver will receive one sponsored copy of the book to pass along to a potential reader.
If you want to be a giver:
1) Make sure you can attend our World Book Night celebration at La Casa Azul Bookstore on Sunday, April 21 from 1pm to 3pm.
You'll receive your book, meet the staff and fellow givers!
2) Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'I want to be a book giver' and answers to the questions below:
- Phone Number:
- Tell us a bit about yourself and The House on Mango Street. (When did you read it? Why do you want to share it?)
- Who would you give the book to?
3) Give the book away on World Book Night!
Tuesday April 23, 2013