Sunday, April 1, 2012

Latina entrepreneurs join forces


Over the 6 years that I have worked on opening La Casa Azul Bookstore I have taken workshops and courses in New York, in topics ranging from marketing to branding to social media 101. 

In 2008 I took a 6 week course on business plan basics and met Nora Diaz and Marlene Pratt, they were launching Casa Latina, a home and lifestyle company. It was easy to see how well the 2 cousins got along and used their different skills to build their business. Since the class, Nora and Marlene have appeared on FOX, CBS, WNBC and CNN as design and renovation experts.  

I kept in touch with Nora and Marlene throughout the years, and when I signed the store lease, I knew who my design team would be. 
 
Casa Latina has been instrumental in helping me design the store and I am thrilled to share that La Casa Azul Bookstore has received support from IKEA to build the first-of-its-kind, home themed bookstore because Casa Latina. 

Nora and Marlene - thank you for helping build La Casa Azul Bookstore.




On Friday, Nora, Marlene and I drove to Hicksville, Long Island to pick up merchandise for La Casa Azul Bookstore.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm from Boyle Heights, CA and it's exciting to see someone from the neighborhood out here in NY creating an amazing place for the community. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, you have selected a savvy design company, Casa Latina! Please post pictures when it is completed.

    ReplyDelete