La Casa Azul Bookstore is currently looking for a few good interns who wish to learn the ins and outs of running a business while enriching lives through reading, writing, and the power of books!
All internships are unpaid, but there are a number of great perks, including free books, flexible hours, fun-loving co-workers, and more. Most importantly, you will learn the ins and outs of working at both a bookstore, and a locally-owned, independent business. Plus, it will earn you a number of professional contacts, and looks great on a resume!
The internship positions are:
- AMBASSADOR (three interns)
- CURATORIAL INTERN (one intern)
The internship is from June 6, 2015 – August 23, 2015
Opportunities are available for undergraduate, graduate students and recent graduates who are considering careers in the arts, education, marketing and publishing. College credit may be arranged.
Deadline to submit internship applications for Summer is Friday, May 29, 6:00pm
Desired qualities/skills for ALL interns:
- Dynamic, self-motivated, outgoing, highly organized individual with good research skills, including exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and capacity for working with diverse populations.
- Ease with technology is a must, including knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and social media (Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter).
- Bilingual (English & Spanish proficiency).
- Must bring your own laptop to work
ALL applicants must submit:
1. Creative cover letter
2. Resume (with 2 references)
3. Answer to question: Why are you interested in an internship at La Casa Azul Bookstore (1 page max, separate from cover letter)
4. Schedule information
Ambassadors will have the unique opportunity to have direct contact with the general public while affecting change, excitement, and lasting memories in their community! Qualifications include strong communication skills, an outgoing personality, and an infectious passion for the written word. Our need for bookstore volunteers is based on the on-site/off-site event schedule.
Hours: 6 – 12 hours per week, June – August 23, 2015
School Programs Intern must be available 10:00am – 9:00pm (Wednesday - Sunday)
Subject line: AMBASSADOR (Summer 2015)
La Casa Azul Bookstore is currently accepting applications for the position of Gallery Curator Assistant to support in exhibit installations and programming, as well as the development of gallery artist network.
Build a network/ database of artists for potential art shows.
Draft blog and press releases related to exhibits featured in gallery.
Assist in installation/de-installation of art.
Assist in planning and execution community programming related to exhibitions.
In addition to the cover letter, essay and references, applicants for the Curatorial Intern position must also submit the following:
1) How are the arts important to community? (one page or less)
2) What is your connection to art community? (one page or less)
3) Submit an image of art piece that inspires you and tell us why.
Hours: 8 hours per week, June – August 23, 2015
Curatorial Intern must be available 12:00pm – 8:00pm (Wednesday - Sunday)
Subject line: CURATORIAL INTERN (Summer 2015)