Wednesday, December 14, 2011

La Proxima Pagina

Five years ago I was on my way to work and decided to take a different route to the office, turning on 103rd Street, instead of 104th Street. On 103rd Street and Lexington Ave I picked up a copy of the local paper and read about a business course that was starting the following month. I enrolled in the course, and began the journey that has brought me to this point. That was the first of many classes that I took to learn about business and the book industry. In that class I shared, for the first time, my idea of opening a bookstore in East Harlem.


Five years later - I stand once again on the corner of 103rd Street and Lexington Ave, in front of the retail space that La Casa Azul Bookstore can call home. Finding a location for the bookstore has been a challenge in itself, having been so close to signing a lease several times over the years- this moment is very surreal - but it's also extraordinary!



THANK YOU to the friends and supporters who have cheered me on, encouraging me to keep moving forward when I felt like giving up. THANK YOU to the Founder's Circle members who contributed to the 40K in 40 days campaign, this would not have been possible without your support. THANK YOU all for believing in me. I will see you at the grand opening!   

Holding the keys to La Casa Azul Bookstore!


==============================

Stay connected to what La Casa Azul Bookstore is doing as it prepares to open in East Harlem. Photos, videos and blog entries will be posted on the Lucha Libros blog.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Maybe I can stop by when I finally get to NY

    http://sandrasbookclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete