La Casa Azul Bookstore is currently accepting applications for the position of Gallery Curator Assistant to support in exhibit installations and programming, as well as the development of gallery artist network.
- Build a network/ database of artists for potential art shows.
- Draft blog and press releases related to exhibits featured in gallery.
- Assist in installation/de-installation of art.
- Assist in planning and execution community programming related to exhibitions.
Please note that this is a non-paid internship of 6 - 8 hours a week, from October 2014 – March 2015. You will have an opportunity to work directly with artists and will be encouraged to participate in decision making process and pursue your ideas/projects related to the mission of the gallery at La Casa Azul Bookstore.
Desired qualities/skills for ALL interns:
- Dynamic, self-motivated, outgoing, highly organized individual with good research skills, including exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and capacity for working with diverse populations.
- Ease with technology is a must, including knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and social media (Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter).
- Bilingual (English & Spanish proficiency).
- Must bring your own laptop to work
- Creative cover letter
- Answer questions:
- 1)Why do you want an internship at La Casa Azul Bookstore
- 2) How are the arts important to community
- 3) What is your connection to art community? (these are short replies and should not exceed one-page. Answers can be included in cover letter if you choose.)
- Resume with two references
- Image of piece of art that inspires you and why.
- Schedule Information (between the hours of 12:00pm – 8:00pm, Tuesday – Saturday)
Creative applications welcomed. Please submit to Elizabeth Rossi at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: GALLERY ASSISTANT POSITION.
DEADLINE: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 8:00pm.