Now is the time to stand up and join your fellow individuals in supporting local businesses and celebrating your independents.
Support La Casa Azul Bookstore in the ‘40K in 40 days’ campaign to open an independent bookstore in East Harlem. The last day to contribute to the campaign is Sunday October 23, 2011.
Campaign link: http://www.indiegogo.com/LaCasaAzulBookstoreNYC
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
· Spend $100 at a local business and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
· Local businesses create higher paying jobs for our neighbors.
· More of your taxes are reinvested in your community–where they belong.
· Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
· Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
· Local retailers are your friends, neighbors–support them and they’ll support you.
· Local businesses donate to charities and events (especially local ones) at more than twice the rate of national chains.
· More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
40K in 40 days campaign information:
Indiegogo campaign link:www.indiegogo.com/lacasaazulbookstorenyc